Ride Locations:Find us on the map
April/May - October
WELCOME TO REGION 3!
NATRC/Region 3 encompasses Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming and Montana, as well as Alberta and Saskatchawan, Canada. The region itself is divided into 2 districts for purposes of evenly distributed membership representation. The region hosts and supports competitive trail rides, trail clinics and a year-end seminar/banquet honoring the top finishers in competition from the preceding ride season and special contributions from members.
What is NATRC?
The North American Trail Ride Conference (NATRC) is the premier competitive trail riding (CTR) organization in six regions across North America.
WHAT IS CTR?
CTR is a distance sport competition over a measured trail that is completed within a window of time where both a horsemanship judge tests your and your horses trail skills and a veterninary judge monitors yours horses condition thoughout the day. It is a great family activity because it is open to youth (10+) and adult riders and all equine breeds.
What is our mission?
To promote horsemanship and horse care as they apply to the sport of distance riding by offering a variety of challenging and educational experiences designed to strengthen horse and rider partnerships.
The philosophies of NATRC are:
- To stimulate greater interest in the breeding and use of good horses possessed of stamina and hardiness and qualified to make good mounts for trail use.
- To demonstrate the value of type and soundness in the proper selection of horses for competitive riding.
- To learn and demonstrate the proper methods of training and conditioning horses for competitive riding.
- To encourage good horsemanship as related to trail riding.
- To demonstrate the best methods of caring for horses during and after long rides without the aid of artificial methods or stimulants.